WHY DO WE PROMOTE LONG CODES?
If short codes are so much easier to memorize and promote due to their length, why would we ever recommend long codes? With a long code, messages and calls come from the same number, so it avoids confusing customers with multiple points of contact. The same phone number can be used for voice calls, faxes, and texts, which establishes a consistent and easy to use number for communicating. This is critical for small companies who need space to grow without establishing a lot of confusing protocols, numbers, and contacts during their rapid, post-launch expansion.
- A 10-digit phone number is a natural way to text and connect with others.
- Short codes are disabled on some prepaid carriers, reducing campaign success.
- With a long code you can use a phone number that customers or staff already know.
- Text enabling a voice line has no effect on call quality or reliability.
- Long codes have a minimal setup time and can be up and running in a few hours.
Smart Office’s text marketing platform allows you to text your customers using a shortcode or your own business number (10-digit long code). With a response rate five times higher than email, texting can generate significantly more opportunities, with the added benefit of putting your customer service number directly in front of your customers, every time. Because of its high read rate, texting can boost your sales by up to 40%! With long codes, Smart Office can also provide you with a new, text-enabled number if you do not wish to use your existing business number.
Connect with us for a free demo and you can start planning your first text marketing campaign the same day.