This Week’s Title: “How to Wow: Proven Strategies for Selling your [Brilliant] Self in Any Situation” by Frances Cole Jones
Recommended By: Alan Alpert, Smart Office Founder
Favorite Quote: “Aristotle said, “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.”
Why We Love It: Because it just proves that anyone can become the leader they want to be. It all takes practice. The best athletes and the best leaders are not born or get there by accident. They have practiced and worked hard at becoming better. You can too! Make it a habit to improve every day. At Smart Office we make it a habit and are continually striving to improve the communication tools we provide to help you and your organizations to succeed.
Book Summary: Every encounter with your colleagues, clients, employers—even your competitors—is an opportunity to make a positive impression. Your words, your tone of voice, and your body language all speak volumes. But the question is: What are they saying about you?
As a corporate coach, Frances Cole Jones has helped countless CEOs, celebrities, and public figures present their best selves in the boardroom and in-person, on-camera and onstage. Now she shares the skills that are essential to professional and personal success. In How to Wow, you’ll learn how to
- make a lasting impression with a simple introduction
- effectively employ the twelve most persuasive words in the English language
- read nonverbal responses accurately—and shift negative ones immediately
- motivate your team under deadline
- interview fearlessly and flawlessly
- persuade investors to buy in to your product or idea—and help you sell it to others
- deliver speeches that bring people to their feet
- transform a PowerPoint presentation into a power move
Featuring tips and tricks you can employ right away, How to Wow will teach you how to ask the right questions, respond with confidence, and wow anyone, anywhere, anytime. – Amazon
About the Author: Frances Cole Jones founded Cole Media Management in 1997. From the beginning, the company’s focus has been cultivating clients’ inherent strengths to develop the powerful communication skills that will enhance their professional and personal performance. – Google Books